OUT NOW FROM SIMON & SCHUSTER
"Inspired and inspiring."
— New York Times Book Review (Editors' Choice)
OUT NOW FROM RUNNING PRESS BOOKS
"Entertaining and beautifully designed . . . it's a joy."
— London Evening Standard
Reviews & Press
Praise for Tim Federle's Better Nate Than Ever
“Critics are raving about Nate.” —CNN
“[A]n inspired and inspiring journey.” —New York Times Book Review (Editors' Choice)
“Judy Blume as seen through a Stephen Sondheim lens.” —Huffington Post
an Amazon Best Book of the Month
*NEW!* Recommended by the Association for Library Service to Children (Summer Reading)
a Junior Library Guild selection
the TIME Magazine for Kids' 2013 Featured Winter Book
“[A] twinkling adventure tale for the musical theater set.” —New York Times (front-page Arts feature)
“Hilarious and heartwarming . . . this book soars.” —Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“[A] charming debut by a rising theater star.” —Entertainment Weekly
“A smash hit!” —Alan Menken, Tony and Oscar-winning composer of Newsies and Beauty and the Beast
“Federle writes from the heart and hits you in the gut—not to mention your funny bone.”
—Jesse Tyler Ferguson, star of Modern Family (ABC)
Tim in the Press
The New York Times
A Boy Finds His Love for Theater (front-page Arts feature on Tim and Better Nate Than Ever)
A Newsmaker You Should Know
Theater Geek Writes Adventure Tale for Middle-Schoolers
Page Six (NY Post)
Book Party Shout-out
Tim Federle was a comedy writer, children’s book author, and Broadway dancer. He is survived by a studio apartment and a never-used membership to Equinox.
Timeline in Reverse
- 20??A shockingly peaceful death surrounded by Oscars® and/or loved ones.
- 2013Tim's debut novel from Simon & Schuster, Better Nate Than Ever, is named a New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice! (Psst: order it here)
- 2012Disney/Hyperion buys Tim's first picture book, Tommy Can't Stop. And then! Running Press buys Tim's first non-fiction humor title, Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist. (Both will be on shelves in approximately three hundred years!)
- 2010Rejoins gym. Friends laugh, take bets.
- 2009-10Works on choreographic team of Broadway smash Billy Elliot. Tim becomes jealous of the children’s talent and begins overeating and tweeting (@TimFederle).
- 2003-08Tim appears in five Broadway shows, notably understudying the lead seagull in The Little Mermaid. The lead seagull never misses a performance.
- 2001-03Wears a Tina Turner wig at the Super Bowl, dancing behind Christina Aguilera. Dons a polar bear costume at Radio City, parading behind the Rockettes. Still dreams of Broadway, where men play men.
- 200019-year-old Tim moves to NYC to pursue *The Great White Way*. Creates Liza Minnelli playlist for the gym. Cancels gym membership. Liza continues on repeat.
- Omitted for reasons of acne.
- 1989Tim’s older brother discovers Jesus and decides to become a priest. Tim discovers Sondheim and decides to become a legend.
- 1988Bullies develop interest in Tim.
- 1987Tim develops interest in the musical Cats.
- 1980Born in San Francisco to unsuspecting parents who hope to one day raise a priest and a football player.
News & Appearances
Better Nate Than Ever is a New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice! Tequila Mockingbird is called "a joy" by the London Evening Standard!
The New York Times calls Better Nate Than Ever "a twinkling adventure tale," Amazon names it a Big Spring Book of 2013, and Junior Library Guild picks Nate as an official selection! Tim weeps, dries tears, holds book launch event at Drama Book Shop.
Tim writes fictional "Tweets by death authors" for a New York Times piece on social media and publishing. #sweeet
Publishers Weekly gives Better Nate Than Ever a starred review, calling it "Hilarious and heartwarming" and saying "this book soars." As does Tim's heart.
Tim's Tweets // @timfederle
Brenda Bowen at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates
Jody Hotchkiss at Hotchkiss and Associates
Speaking agent (including Broadway master classes)
Simon & Schuster Speakers Bureau